- Learn and sing the Māori alphabet
- Sing along to the Te Taura Whiro i te Reo Māori ‘Te Wiki o te Reo Māori’ playlist
- Learn iwi anthems from across the motu
- Get a group together and sing an easy te reo song, see ’Tūtira Mai’ ‘Te Aroha’ ‘National Anthem’
- Do or teach lunchtime kapa haka
- Popular New Zealand hits have now been translated into te reo! Waiata Anthems features the hit ‘Kia Mau ki tō Ūkaipō‘ by Six60 and Bathe in the River by Hollie Smith, now in te reo
- Listen to some talented and incredible rangatahi sing gospel songs on Mōhau – a Live Visual Album
- Dance and sing along to young talent, Atareta & Te Haakura! Check out their smash song Pakipaki Mai
- If you have a young pēpi, listen and sing along to this beautiful new lullaby ‘I te Tōnga o te Rā’ from Te Hiringa Hauora
- Listen to te reo Māori only for the day
- Play the ‘Te Wiki o te Reo Māori’ playlist in your business or workplace for everyone to hear!
- Hāni Dread sings ‘Kokiri’ in honour of the reo champions who marched to parliament to deliver the Māori Language Petition in 1972.
- Re-watch the Māori Language Commsission’s Rarangatahi seminars where rangatahi Māori talk about their journey with te reo Māori
- Listen to podcasts like Taringa or Everday Māori to sharpen your reo
- Back2Kura is a new podcast where two millennials are documenting their journey through a full immersion course
- Download the whare kōrero app to listen to Māori content from around the motu
- Tune in to Māori Television
- Listen to Hinewehi Mohi sing our national anthem in te reo Māori at the 1999 Rugby World Cup in England.
- If you have a young pēpi, play this beautiful new lullaby ‘I te Tōnga o te Rā’ from Te Hiringa Hauora
- Listen to rangatahi from Ngāti Porou sing with Rob Ruha in their new single ‘35‘
- Listen to the Waiata Anthems playlist, available on all platforms! Featuring hits ‘Kia Mau ki Tō Ūkaipō / Don’t Forget Your Roots’, ‘Kōrukutia / Bathe in the River’, ‘Karawhiua / 100’ and more!
- Hear Professor Rawinia Higgins talk about the thinking behind the Māori Language Act 2016
Thanks to the Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori team for collating and sharing these ideas. For more visit www.reomaori.co.nz/ideas
A Maori Phrase a Day offers a fun and easy entry into the Maori language. Through its 365 phrases, you will learn the following: – Everyday uses – English translations – Factoids – Handy word lists Presenting the most common, relevant and useful phrases today, A Maori Phrase a Day is the perfect way to kickstart your te reo journey!
Let te reo Maori advocate and expert Scotty Morrison teach you the basics of the Maori language in easy 30-minute lessons – anywhere, anytime.
Whakarongo ki a Taringa – listen to Taringa, a bilingual podcast brought to you by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa.